Daniel Goleman EI Course (English)
More than IQ, advanced degrees, or technical skills, emotional intelligence (EI) is crucial for personal and professional growth, helping you develop your inner capacity and impact, become an exceptional leader, and build high-performing teams.
In times of accelerating change and disruption, the need for EI is even more critical.
As you face challenges like a pandemic, social unrest, personal conflict, or a problematic colleague, the way you understand and manage emotions — your own and those around you — makes all the difference.
Deepening emotional intelligence with the 12 competencies Dr. Goleman identifies in his model of EI builds an evolving toolkit to meet, understand, and navigate the psychological and social challenges of change. While shoring up your resilience and diminishing your stress.
In this 12-week online course that starts January 22, you can:
- Learn the 12 foundational and relational skills from Daniel Goleman’s EI model
- Earn two verifiable digital Credly badges
Unlock your growth potential with intentional learning, practice, and reflection.
Impact of Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Courses
- 93% said the course helped them develop or deepen their foundational emotional intelligence skills
- 98% found the lessons directly relevant to their work
- 92% would recommend the course to a friend or colleague
Our courses track the latest neuroscience research on the dynamics of relationships and data on the impact EI has on an organization’s bottom line. Our engaging learning format, inspiring community, expert facilitators, and hands-on tools help learners bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Jumpstart your emotional intelligence journey and be a force for good.
EI isn’t fixed at birth. It’s a skill you can learn and hone over time.
And your growth can be felt by everyone around you — creating a ripple effect of positive impact.
The Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Courses combine guided facilitation, evidence-based knowledge of what drives behavioral change, and practical experiences that build impactful skills.
Get the best blend of asynchronous and synchronous learning, released in weekly modules that include video, audio, reading, and reflection. Pace yourself and engage with your cohort in whatever way works best for you.
Each weekly module is divided into five or six days — with specific steps outlined daily. You can expect to spend 15-30 minutes per day for intentional learning, practice, and reflection.
What We Will Cover
There are four domains and 12 competencies in the Daniel Goleman emotional intelligence model. For this course, we’ve replaced “Achievement Orientation” with “Focus” as a meta competency that bridges several domains.
What You Will Achieve
Whether you’re an emotional intelligence coach, business leader, people manager, HR professional, or someone interested in growing EI, this course will help you:
- Gain practical knowledge and understand how and when to apply EI skills that are prerequisites for responding to your own and others’ emotions.
- Increase your threshold for complexity and be more flexible in the face of stress and uncertainty.
- Apply emotional intelligence to cultivate resilience and respond more effectively when encountering setbacks, obstacles, and challenges.
- Discover how to enrich your relationships with psychological safety and trust.
- Learn how to positively influence others while navigating challenging team dynamics and shifting work environments.
- Strengthen teamwork and collaboration through science-based practices.
- Become a leader who inspires innovation, engagement, and trust.